Monday, January 21, 2008

New Year...New Blog!

Okay - so apparently having a BLOG is the thing to have these days. Truthfully, it's taken me a while to start one of my own because I just don't like the word 'BLOG'...what's that about, anyway? Does it stand for something? The word just sounds like it should mean goop, sludge, whatever...sloshing through mud holes in those big, black boots we used to have when we were kids (remember the ones with the big ol' mother buckles on the side that literally clamped your foot inside? The ones that replaced the ultra-cool 'moon boots' that were all the rage and we never had? Ha ha!)

Anyhoo...it's a new year and I'm pretty sure I'm passed not liking the word, so we'll see how it goes. I was telling my mom a very funny story recently about Brittan and Derek (it involved candy, scaling closet walls, lying, blaming siblings, and inventing the biggest story possible to explain it...it was all very 'Knots Landing', my friends), and mom said I needed a blog to write these funny things down to share. With four kids, there's certainly never a dull moment and I'm positive that there will be stories to share.

Off to bed...it's almost midnight and I'm a late-night girl, but I do have kids to get up for school in the morning, and homemade cold cereal and milk to prepare. Whew - makes me tired just thinking about it. ha ha!

4 comments:

The "A" Palmers said...

Loved the Knots Landing reference! Took me right back to 1625 Chapman Drive. Agi & I are a little late to the blogger party as well, but hey--no better time to get started than right now. Good hearing about you guys! Aaron & Agi

Emily P. said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It's where all the cool people are you know. And there is an explanation to the word blog...I remember being told it once...but I don't remember it. I know really helpful. Something about weblog (as in a web log) and somehow the first two letters fell off or something. Love you guys!

Stacy said...

BLOGTASTIC!!!!! I'm so glad you decided to start one! I feel so much closer to Aaron's family and Jared's family by these blogs! I just love it! I hope to hear more from you guys!

It's snowing like mad here!!!

Anywho... take care! Tell those cute kiddos hi from us crazy iowa palmers!

Tori :) said...

I've had one for about 2 1/2 yrs and it really is a fun way to journal and meet people. I've made and met in real life so many friends I wouldn't have met without my blog.
Have fun!